Real Estate News
June 6, 2016
Monitoring wires and appliances is essential to prevent leakages or fires
It’s not just the nation’s power grid that’s antiquated. The wiring inside many houses is also out of date, straining to supply our ever-growing collection of electricity-hungry appliances, lighting, and electronics.
INDICATORS OF ELECTRICAL HAZARDS
- Circuit breakers that frequently trip.
- Repeated replacement of electrical fuse.
- Odd sound from the electrical systems.
- Flickering of the household lights.
- Strange Odor from excessive heating of electrical wirings and switch plates.
- Shock or even a mild tingle is a warning of electrical danger.
Make sure that all electrical appliance purchased are approved by reputed consumer laboratory For example always use ISI marked wiring or appliances.
- Unplug appliances that are not used on regular basis.
- Conduct regular maintenance/ repairs for all your electrical appliances.
- Appliances such as televisions, air conditioners, microwaves and computer monitors generate a lot of heat, hence one must make sure they are not covered with cloth and have enough clearance for air circulation and cooling.
- All electrical appliances must be placed away from water such as sinks, bathtubs or overhead vents that may drip.
- Avoid operating electrical appliance with wet hands.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
- Regularly check the power cords for cracks or twists. If the power tool draws more current than your cord can handle, this could start a fire.
- Always use a suitable power cord as per the work environment, whether indoor or outdoor. Outdoor-rated cords have durable covers to protect from weather and damage.
- Use tapes and twist ties to place a cord in a permanent position.
- Extension cords are a temporary solution, their use should be minimized.
- Do not make modifications to the cord to make it fit in a different outlet. Get a cord that meets the amperage requirements of the tool you’re using.
To Buy Property In and Around Thane or Know More about Builders and Developers Contact Us at 022 2580 6868
Source: DNA Newspaper
At MCHI CREDAI Thane, we have gone one step ahead and would allow you Enjoy 360 days of MCHI Exhibition!