The energy flow in a house is greatly influenced by its construction and the décor in the house. We look at some simple ways in which home owners can boost the positive energy in their homes
Each one of us desires to live in a home that is comfortable, calming and rejuvenates us. It is important to understand that the energy within a house, affects the people who occupy it. “One’s environment helps in building a foundation for a healthier mind and body and Vastu Shastra offers ways to create a healthier life,” says Nitien Parmar of VastuPlus. “If followed correctly, Vastu Shastra can help the home’s residents to become physically and mentally healthy,” Parmar adds.
Vastu tips for the main door
Vastu principles improve a living space, according to the principles of harmony and energy flow. The main door of a house is the entry point for energy. “A door that opens outward pushes energy away from home. So, have the main door opening clockwise. Opportunities may be limited, if the door does not open fully. Ensure that the lobby near the main door is not dark. Good lighting stimulates positive flow of energy and promotes balance and harmony within the premise. Every house should have a threshold (umbra) on the floor, at door frame. It protects the house from external negative influences,” adds Parmar.
Declutter for positive energy
One can positive energy into a house, by decluttering and cleaning the space. Clutter creates stagnant energy and impedes the flow of positive energy. Avoid keeping chipped, cracked or broken things. Clean the cupboards and drawers and clear things that are no longer in use. Keep the house clean and ensure that there are no cobwebs. Add few spoons of sea-salt to the water and mop the floor with it. It is believed that mopping the house with salt water, will reduce the effects of negative vibrations.
There is a strong connection between the energy of the house and the health of the occupants, maintains Rasesh H Shah, energy facilitator and Vastu expert. “Ancient architecture was all about proportions and planning the structure in a manner that it is always in sync with the magnetic field of the earth and harmony of colours. It is most important to commence the construction at the right moment (muhurat) and to use non-offensive building materials. Every built space has three types of energies – cosmic, earth and structural. To make the space positive and to ensure that all three are in harmony with each other, keep the centre of the space, which is called the Brahmasthan, free of any kind of structural violation. This will ensure that the flow of cosmic energy is balanced. Earth energy can be balanced by keeping the north-east corner lively. Structural energy can be harmonised, by ensuring that there is no clutter in the space,” advises Shah.
Rectifying Vastu faults
According to Vastu experts, one can also attract positive vibes to enhance the health and well-being of the occupants, by simply arranging or correcting items in the surroundings. “If the bathroom is directly opposite to the kitchen, keep the door closed and use a Vastu energy partition on the door frame to separate these opposing energies and to block the negative energy,” says Parmar. “Mirrors bounce back energies. Hence, if the bed on which one sleeps, is in the line of the mirror, it is advisable to remove the mirror or to cover it, for better sleep. A tulsi plant is a must for the home, as it clears negative energy,” concludes Shah.
Home décor tips for positive energy
- Fresh air and sunlight aids positive energy at home. So, ensure that you keep the home’s windows open, for some time in the morning.
- Aquariums are akin to moving water and it is auspicious, when placed towards the north-east.
- Avoid having a tree, pole or pillar facing the main door. It is called a dwar vedh (door obstacle). Similarly, avoid having dead plants near the door.
- Keep the bathroom door closed. Always keep toilet lid down, when not in use. Ensure that there are no leaking taps at home. Use pleasant fresheners in the bathroom.
- Do not keep medicines in the kitchen.
- Switch off all electronic and Wi-Fi systems, while taking rest.
- Play soothing divine music or chanting of mantras at home, for some time in the morning.
- Ensure that the furniture edges are not sharp. Avoid excessive use of red, black and grey in the home’s décor.
- Avoid having split levels in the floor.
- Pictures at home should always be positive. Avoid photos depicting war, loneliness, poverty, etc. To generate positive energy, display pictures of nature.
- For a calming effect at home, light a diya, camphor or add soothing fragrance like sandalwood.
To Know More about Vastu Tips For House Visit CREDAI MCHI Thane Unit